Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Nervous Neonatal Nellie

I woke up at 3:30a.m. for no apparent reason with a stomachache and unshakable worries about upcoming labor and delivery. I didn't finally fall asleep again until 5:30. I knew I should've brushed up on my HypnoBirthing....guess I'll be going to sleep with the CD playing in my ears tonight. I'm not sure what spurred my sudden early-morning wake-up worry. I think it might be that I am 36 weeks now, so officially "allowed" to deliver. I don't think she's going to come until around 38 or 39 weeks. But it was like yesterday the whole thing was much closer than I realized. And Phill's not here, which makes my nerves worse. My stomach is still hurting today. (And no, they're not contractions....)

2 comments:

Abby said...

Don't let yourself get too strung-up! I know (and you know) you'll do great. That being said, I do think it's a great idea to fall asleep to the Hypnobirthing CD for the next however long until Savanna decides to put in an appearance. ;) Every baby's different and even though you've been in labor before, you've never been in labor with SAVANNA before. It WILL be different, but it CAN be the same in the most important ways if you do what you can to be ready. :) I know you'll do great!

Rae said...

Oh, you make me feel so much better. Truly. :) Thanks!