Sunday, May 27, 2007

I think that maybe I ought to wear a shirt that has at a glance all the answers to all the questions pregnant women get asked:

1. June 4th. No, I'm not feeling good. I'm feeling like a beached whale.

2. A girl. I have two other boys, ages 4 and 1/2 and 21 months. Yes, these last two are somewhat close apart! Good for you for noticing. Hey, while I'm at it, should I tell you how I got pregnant with them? I mean, that seems to be of interest to you.

3. Yes, I have been having contractions. Yes, sometimes they are regular. In fact, sometimes they are so regular and so nice and strong that I think it's the real thing!! Am I excited? Hm. A little past that. I'd say....impatient. And a little bit crazy. So don't ask me again if I've had contractions. I might just be mean.

*Just a note to my loving family and friends who read this blog: This list of answers is more directed (quite passive-aggressively) at abjectly curious strangers and those acquaintances who, in their excitement to see me have a third child (?) ask me these questions every week at church with no retainment of my answer. It honestly hardly bothers me at all when I get these questions from any of you, because I know your wondering is usually coming from a different place altogether. This is simply my Vent of the Day. :)

1 comment:

Abby said...

I can relate! I've been there too and I'm sure I'll be there again one day!

Seriously though, I'm glad you separate family and "well-wishers" - if you have a chance or Phill can let me know once she's on her way...that'd be awesome! But I know you'll both be tied up -- so at least let me know as soon as she's there so I can start planning a trip! :)