I've been tagged. Memed. Whatever!
* Link to the person who tagged you (I got tagged by Emily!)
* Post the rules on your blog
* Write six random things/unspectacular quirks about yourself
* Notify each person you have tagged by leaving a comment on their blog
* Let the tagger know when your entry is posted
Six Random/Unspectacular Quirks About Me
1. When I work out on the treadmill, if my music is just not enough to get me through my minutes, I begin to alphabetize the words in front of me: Calories. Distance. Fat. Scan. Speed. Time. -OR- I watch the time for number formations I like: 25:52 (I like the symmetry of that one), 12:34 (one two three four), 33:33 (obvious), 13:24 (a difference of two between 1 and 3 and 2 and 4). Far-reaching, but my mind likes it, and it sort of soothes me.
2. I hate long nails on men. Long meaning more than a teensy bit of white showing.
3. I tend to dream almost every time I sleep, and very vividly. The downside to this is that I have lots of nightmares (four a month sometimes?), and the nightmares are 9 times out of 10 so believable and surprisingly horrible that I wake up breathless or crying until Phill wakes up and reminds me that I'm just laying in my bed in my home safe with my family, as opposed to whatever awful scenario my neurotic subconscious concocted.
4. I love walking down the coffee aisle at grocery stores, and have been known to surreptitiously pick up a bag and press it to my nose for one humongous inhale if no one is around. (And sometimes when people are around....)
5. A lot of my best memories I can envision with vivid detail, but most especially the light conditions of said memory. For instance, I remember playing Concentration/Memory with my mom when I was 4, sitting on her bedroom floor while baby Kate was napping, and the weak morning light was streaming in through the windows and illuminating all the dust in the air. I thought it was beautiful, and I thought they were teeny tiny creatures. (Somehow my mom didn't share my enthusiasm over the "creatures" and kept saying something about dusting....)
6. My friend Rachel (yes, her name was Rachel) and I used to watch old musicals and then re-enact them (we were 7 years old, I think) in her bedroom. She had this awesome bed that was in a closet without doors, and her mom had hung beautiful gauzy curtains around it (oh man, I was fiery jealous of those). We used to re-enact the musicals on that "stage". I seem to remember a saloon in one of those scenarios? Probably doing the can-can and being really sassy? Anyway, we always jumped and hid with embarrassment (and in the saloon re-enactment case, shame) when her sibs would knock on the door.
So. There you have it. I'm sure I've done this tag before, but it's always fun to come up with new facts.