Wednesday, February 16, 2011

"....thank you for being a friend..."

{I couldn't do without the Golden Girls theme song quote for this post. Just so hilariously appropriate.}

My sisters tend to love the people I love. And I tend to love their friends, too, either through them or when I ever meet them.

Sometimes I'm full to bursting with appreciation for my sisters' friends, and I want to shout from the rooftops about it, so this blog is my roof at the moment:

Friends of my sisters, THANK YOU! Thank you for calling them when you feel prompted to do so. Thank you for bringing them dinner when they are so sick they can hardly move. Thank you for watching their children so they can go on dates with their wonderful husbands. Thank you for praying for them, for crying with them, for laughing with them, and for loving them as they are, in all their beauty and complexity. 

If I could be there every moment any of my sisters need me, I WOULD...but I can't. And I do believe that is one of the many beautiful reasons we have friends in this life. So THANK YOU, sweet friends of my sisters, for doing what you do!

3 comments:

Qait said...

Rae, that is EXACTLY how I feel about you and our sisters. EXACTLY.

Abby said...

Just forwarded this to my friends. :D

Lara Neves said...

This post makes me wish for sisters. :)

You are awesome.