Thursday, September 18, 2008

Who Knew?

There are two things in which I've complained of having minimal (or no) talent: Crafty stuff and doing Savanna's hair. It's hard enough to do the hair of a 15-month-old girl while she's wiggling and twisting and trying to "help" or trying to slap my hand away, prompting me to wonder if it would be easier to braid the hair of a bucking bronco. But I'm also just very new at this doing-little-girls'-hair thing, and so I was surprised and pleased to master this 'do a few days ago. Next-I have a friend who had a baby yesterday, and named her Ava Layne (I LOVE that name!!). Tomorrow I'll get to see her (I'm almost breathless with happiness at the chance to hold a newborn again.....), and I hope we'll get some photos if everyone's up to it. But today I tried my hand at some sort of crafty-ish ideas I had for a gift, and I was pleased as punch with the result! The lettering on the blocks is pale pink, not white.
Customized the photo album with ribbon and the card-stock letter on the front; did the lettering on the blocks and tied the teeny tiny bows. :) Her nursery, which is ridiculously awesome, is kind of a Paris & polka-dot theme (very classy, nothing overdone) with black, creme, and pale pink colors.Oh, and did I forget to mention that I have a photography blog now? I did. I did forget. Well, it's HERE, and although I don't have work often enough to post something new every couple of days, things seem to be picking up--fingers crossed and arms folded! I'm not quite finished posting all I want to post, so keep your eyes peeled for new stuff, if you're interested. ("B" for blog! Actually, it's a gift for this darling boy's mama.)

8 comments:

Pam from Over the Big Moon said...

Way cute hair - way cute crafts- way cute photography blog! Love them all!

Abby said...

Good job on the hair. And the parts are so straight. Even with three girls hair to do, their parts are not always straight...

VERY cute stuff for Ava. The link for your photography blog didn't work for me. Email the addy to me and I'll try again.

Lara Neves said...

Love the photo album. It's perfect!

Heather said...

I love the stuff for Ava you did a wonderful job.
I am still trying to master the whole hair thing.
I have started a blog here it is if you want it: ahpetersen.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I think you are very talented in the craftiness(real word, prob. not) department. I love the blocks and photo album, they are way cute!!!!
Savvy's hair is adorable, I don't do my girls hair very well either, Emily has a bob an we just clip it back and Katherine doesn't like me to do hers so I just clip the front back as well. I have some links on my blog that show you how to do girls hair, some of the styles are very cute, if only Katherine would let me try them.

Kate said...

Cute hair!!!! You are so talented. She will just love what you have for the baby.

Kristy said...

Can I just say I LOVE the passion you have? It's really fun to read your blog. You've always got something interesting on here...

MariePhotographie said...

Wow! I'm so impressed! Your friend lucked out!