Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Much better, thanks!

All you well-wishers, thank you! Today found me feeling MUCH better already. First off, I was hoping and praying that the more painful part of my cold/flu/allergies/whatever it is would pass really soon--very fervently hoping and praying. Second, I found a medicine that does wonders (Western Family Non-Drowsy Severe Cold Multi-Symptom something something something.....and the pills are covered in something that cools your throat as it goes down.). Third, I chugged water like a champ last night, after doing what Phill suggested and doing a little 25-minute workout to "sweat it out", as he said. I drank some water before the workout, felt okay while doing the workout, then afterwards drank more water and took some more medicine before I fell asleep. And lastly--as an answer to my prayers, I'm sure--I didn't hear Savvy wake up in the night, and I only knew she was in bed with us because I felt her meaty little calf by my hand at some point in the night when I was not even close to coherent or caring. So I wasn't affected by her waking up at all....(thank you so much, sweet Phill)....and then Jax didn't get up until 8, Reed not until 8:30, and Savanna not until 9:00. (Thank you, darling babies!) So all of these things combined have made my symptoms much more bearable today! No more pain in my chest, no more sore throat (mostly), and most of all, none of that feeling of wanting to drill a little drainage hole into the front of my face!

So thanks, you well-wishers!

4 comments:

Andrea said...

I'm very glad you're feeling better. It sounds awful, but I'm happy when I don't know about my kiddos waking in the night. I think I'm usually too quick to go in and try to help them fall back to sleep, when they usually don't need me and would have fallen back to sleep if I'd waited another minute or two.

MariePhotographie said...

I'm so glad you're feeling better! That does not sound like it was fun.

Unknown said...

Rae,
You really should be a writer. You're posts are always so entertaining. You paint such vivid pictures with your words and explain the smallest details. ....Oh, by-the-way....I'm glad you're feeling better, but do take care of yourself. I like to watch "You've Got Mail" when I have a cold. Meg Ryan does such a great job at playing sick!

Kate said...

I am so glad that you are feeling better.