Saturday, September 26, 2009

A Romance Ends (& a new one begins)

Dear 2005 Running Shoes,

What an amazing four years it has been!

No one thought we'd last this long, right?

However....
over the last four months, things between us have become strained.

I just don't feel....supported. In fact, sometim
es, you've really put me through some pain.

And after that 20-miler a couple of weeks ago? Well, let's be honest. You folded under the pressure, and really caused me s
ome bitter aching. You know, a relationship between Runner and Shoe can only work if both are dedicated to making it work! And I'm just going to let you off the hook, because I can see that you are really, really tired. Ready to move on, forge new paths, meet those other fish in the sea.... Anyhow. It's been great. You've seen me through two postpartum workout plans, as well as everything in between. I can't thank you enough, but it is time for me, too, to move on.

All my love (and sweat)
Rae

* * * * *

Dear New 2009 Shoes,

You are full of pizazz and bounce.

I think you are precisely the support system I need.

I can't wait for our date next Saturday.

With admiration (and sweat)
Rae

9 comments:

Heidi said...

I think your new running shoes are the same as mine! Though mine are shamefully underused.

Andrea said...

Cute post!

The Taylors said...

I love and admire the fact that you can honestly one hundred percent give yourself the title of "RUNNER"!!!! That is SSSOOOOO AMAZING!!! Good luck in your new relationship!!

Anonymous said...

What a cute post!!! I need new running shoes too, I need to go get fitted for mine, I think my foot rotates in a bit and it's causing me some shin splints.
Put those shoes on and don't take them off until your race (and then put them back on for your race of course), you need to break them in. Good luck next Sat. I can't wait to hear all about it :)

Christine said...

Purple running shoes, just awesome.

Anna said...

New shoes are great! But be nice to your own feet, and break them in some before the marathon. OK break them in a lot. Good luck, I'm rooting for ya!

Lara Neves said...

You just make sure you break those in good before Saturday! I wouldn't want you dying with blisters and such. :) Besides, you can't have a long term relationship without a few dates firs, right?

As always, love the pictures. :)

Unknown said...

It is hard to say goodbye! I know! I used to keep my running shoes for-EVER after they gave up the ghost. You are too cute. I love this post. :)
Getting excited for the big race? I've been thinking of you a lot lately.
-Kelly (not Don)

chucknorris said...

reed's faces are great! :D