Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Dream Homes

Since we've been in the house-buying mode of mind, I've been letting my mind wander and dream up the most wonderful houses I would live in. Dream houses. Not the kind of house you'd call a starter home, unless we have some unbelievable luck. I've also been thinking about what kind of houses I like, thanks to Christine's post about her sister Tamara's post. :) I found this quiz. And surprisingly, it's right on! Greek-revival. Did you know there was such a thing? Well, I didn't. Evidently it's a combination of Southern and European styles....which makes me laugh, because so far, those are the two styles that I love the most. I clicked on the little section where it says "Learn more about Greek Revival architecture" and they showed the photo above, which is WAAAY more grand than I'd ever think of for a house. Like I don't even think I would want it that grand. Although I do love plantation homes, and that is what is shown in the picture. I thought I'd include (just for fun, just for dreaming's sake) some pictures of houses that I love. Oh, and p.s.-I actually love Victorian homes. Not the typical decorations inside, but the architecture is incredible to me. Is it any surprise that I love architecture from a few of the places I've lived? European from (duh) Germany and Belgium, Southern/Colonial/Country from Georgia and North Carolina, Victorian from Utah? (At least I remember seeing a few Victorians here....) I had no idea I was so traditional! Next post: What's your decorating style?

3 comments:

camilla said...

Nice houses. Me and John used to go on Sunday walks around Cedar, and actually take pictures of the houses that we love....in case we get to build someday. I'll have to find my favorite and show you. I'd watch for it every time we'd go down that road. My hopes of house dreams turning into a reality are starting to dwindle though I must confess...

camilla said...

PS: I took that quiz and got the same results as you. I even tried hard to not pick answers I'd think you'd pick so we WOULDN'T get the same results. I guess I can't fight it...we are the same!

Crystal said...

Oh! I love architecture! My fav styles are prairie and arts & crafts.