Thursday, July 19, 2007

7 weeks

Savanna is seven weeks old today! Even though I've done this newborn thing twice before, I'm still again amazed by how fast they grow these first couple of months. When she was born, I had a bin full of 0-3 months clothing that were way too big for her. And now, every day I find at least one something from that bin that fits her to a T. Her little arms and legs are filling out, and she smiles every day. She coos and kicks. She eats more and sleeps longer at night. She looks around her with new interest and lights up when I walk in the room. I can't believe that in a week she's going to be two months old.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Reed likes to ask "What would you feel" questions. This is because he hears Phill asking me hypothetical questions: "How would you feel if we bought a house, Rae? How would you feel if we moved to St.George, Rae? How about this, Rae?" So Reed has asked me some of the strangest questions, really wondering how I would feel in purely hypothetical situations....among his questions:

Reed: "Mama, what would you feel if we had a big, big, big, big dining room?"
Me: "Um...that would be great!"
Reed: "You got yourself a deal, Mom!"

Reed: "Mom, what would you feel if we had a diner in the basement?"

Reed: "What would you feel if the police come'd to our house?"

Reed: "What would you feel if I cleaned the whole house myself?....Well, I did."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

I find it particularly telling to note Jaxon's newest phrases and sentences in the weeks following Savvy's arrival:

"Look at me!"
"Look at that!"

Maybe he's really only asking for more attention because he himself is starting to pay attention to neat things around him:

"Oh, wow!"
"That's cool!"
"That's cuuuuute!"
"S'funny."

No comments: