Sunday, April 8, 2007

nourishment

I need to re-pattern my eating. I'm way too in love with sugar, although I'm not so in love with the effect it has on me. And still I go for it? Makes no sense, except that sugar is addictive. Sometimes I think how nice it would be to do a Survivor-like fast for a few days, only eating very necessary, very simple un-messed-with foods, and then just re-start my entire way of eating. I don't want a complicated "diet" plan....diets are ridiculous. I want something more permanent, therefore something with more subtle changes. For a start, shouldn't I be more terrified of fast food? Anyone read the book Fast Food Nation? (Pardon the italics in place of the more-correct underlining, which blogger mysteriously leaves out....) And shouldn't I be more wary of sugar?--the kind that is present in donuts and ice cream, as opposed to what's present in fruit? It isn't enough just to master the art of eating. I want to master the art of eating well.

1 comment:

Melissa Pierce said...

Rae, Rae, Rae... This trick seems to work for me. I no longer buy sugary snacks. If I'm going to make sugary snacks, I have to wait until both of my children are asleep,and then, if that is actually accomplished, I only make a dozen of whatever variety or cookie and freeze the rest... of course, if it's cake, I'm a goner, but hey, perfection is a process.