Thursday, July 16, 2009

Dear Rae,

I know you don't want to do the dishes.

I know you really just want to watch TV, read a book, or take a nap.

I'm well aware that you have no desire--none whatsoever--to put away the rest of the clean laundry, or wash the rest of the dirty laundry, or pick up toys or mop or sweep.

And as far as doing the budget? Or making a meal plan and grocery list? Right. I know that's the last thing you want to do, even if it's one of the first things that needs to happen.

But Rae, it's time to get over yourself and do it anyway. As unmotivated and bored as you are, there is nothing exciting about continuing to do nothing.

So do it anyway, please. The kitchen is starting to stink.

Sternly & lovingly,
Rae

11 comments:

MariePhotographie said...

Love your new blog background! And my goodness, that letter should have been addressed, "Dear Marie." haha

Kristy said...

That's my life every day! We finally moved a container of yard garbage that had been sitting on our back patio tonight. I didn't think it would be a big deal because it was just like dirt, grass and a few pieces of like plastic garbage...but yuck! It's been there for like a month and apparently got rain water in it and went stagnant. Talk about starting to stink it was TERRIBLE. I nearly threw up on the spot and I haven't even been sick lately...good luck with the dishes!

Lara Neves said...

Oh yes. Lara needs to write me the exact same letter most days.

You go girl.

Andrea said...

Hopefully you were able to motivate yourself.

I have those days too.

Kelly said...

Hee hee. I think our lives are in sync right now. Laundry, grocery, mopping (I don't even want to put that on my list, then I might have to do it!). When are we going to get maids? Don's mom used to have the maids come every week-- and let me tell you, it was the coolest! It was like MAGIC! Sometimes I imagine myself as a magician. Don leaves the house as a mess, and mysteriously it is sparkling clean when he gets home! :P

Unknown said...

That is my life exactly! You know what helped me get a few things done this week that were shoved to the back burner simply because I had no motivation? Inviting someone over. That gets me going no matter what! I can't stand to have my house dirty when people come over so it just gets done. I have also tried lately to get the kids involved and if you know how that goes, you know it's not always pretty! We've tried races against timers, bribes with candy bars and making it games. It's starting to make me think I actually need to make a job wheel!

Anna said...

Why does my letter have your name all over it???

Bridget said...

Ha! I struggle with such issues throughout my day! Very funny!

chucknorris said...

hahaha

Josh and Michele said...

Wow! How did you know I needed to read that today?

Jenn said...

P.S. Jenn is super needy, so just call her and talk while you start. She does it to you all the time.