Monday, May 11, 2009

To clarify:

Have you been fooled by my rose-colored-glasses posts?

Phill has been in Germany (YES I AM JEALOUS) since the 2nd; he'll be back Saturday at midnight. (After which our van will turn into a pumpkin, and my flip-flop will mysteriously go missing.)

Secretly last week was really not so great. I was detached and dull and despondent and disorganized. (Grade for last week, D+) Today, though, on the other side of two weeks with only a few more days to go, I feel much better. Did dishes and laundry and didn't cry into a bowl of ice cream.

I just wanted to be....forthcoming about my human-ness? Provide a little clarification? I don't know. I just wonder if I pretend everything is okay when it's not? That can't be helpful. I'd like to be in inspiration, not an illusion. I guess I just don't figure you want to hear about those more human days.

3 comments:

Kelly said...

You put on a good act! I know you must have missed Phill a lot on his birthday and on Mother's Day. But you looked so happy in your pictures... I never suspected you were eating tear-flavored ice cream!

I love how you compare yourself to Cinderella and you really can't wait to get back to your REAL life where everything is as it should be. Comfortable routine--domestic bliss.

chucknorris said...

oh rae, i love you whether or not you're brave and optomistic. i admire how you try to be, but heavens, we can't be perfect! i'll keep praying for you. you're strong, remember that.

Susan said...

Thank you. It's nice to not be alone!