Because we are at the end of our groceries and I haven't yet been shopping today, the boys had carrots for breakfast. (My awesome neighbor gave us some canned fruit last night, but with my slow morning brain cells, I forgot about that until....now.) So there are carrots everywhere, and Savvy is perfectly happy with one in each fist.
So--last night I accidentally broke the towel rod in the bathroom. And my darling Reed just came up to me and said, "Mom, I can't get the carrot out." With the towel rod held out to me. Yes, there was a carrot stuck in the towel rod. I tried to push it out with a pencil, but it was too far. Finally I gave up and blew on the end. And wouldn't you know, the carrot shot out and flew twelve feet before smacking the wall and rolling away. :)
I have a feeling they'll remember this when they're ten or so and into creative weaponry. Who knew carrots could be so deadly?