Thursday, October 18, 2007

I'm really excited about three things I just ordered from Amazon:

If You Want To Write: A Book about Art, Independence and Spirit by Brenda Ueland

Deceptively Delicious: Simple Secrets to Get Your Kids Eating Good Food by Jessica Seinfeld

and

Chicka Chicka Boom Boom and Lots More Learning Fun! (a DVD based on the book, with other fun added things.)

I'm excited about these three things because:
-I love to write, and I've been writing more lately. The book will just help keep the wheels turning, and probably be very motivating.
-I heard about this cookbook from Oprah, about whom I usually have mixed feelings, but this seems to be a pretty good recommendation. The idea is genius. Oh, and I saw her interview of Jerry Seinfeld for his new movie, and he had such awesome things to say about his wife (Jessica) that I was intrigued--by both of them. So I'm buying her cookbook, and I'll probably go see his movie. :)
-Abby owns this DVD, and I've been wanting it since I first saw Reed shake his little bottom to the intro music. :)

Mmm...yay for good media.

5 comments:

Abby said...

Mmmm yay is right! I love finding things like this! Let me know how the cookbook turns out. I'm curious.

Pam from Over the Big Moon said...

I saw that Oprah and I tried a recipe that she had posted to Oprah's website. It was awesome. I did a post on my blog about Deceptively Delicious: Simple Secrets to Get Your Kids Eating Good Food by Jessica Seinfeld as well..... Let me know some your favorites.

Crystal said...

Yeah, I got the mac n cheese recipe off Pam's blog (via Oprah's site). I made it the other night & it was fantastic!! Neil had no idea there was cauli in it until I told him the secret ingredient. I can't wait to try the other recipes!

Anna said...

You have to tell me what you think about the cook book. I have heard some really good things about it.

Crystal said...

Gotta love Jann Arden!!! BTW--I just tagged you. See my blog for details.