Sunday, April 22, 2012

Quick update

Reed takes his end-of-year tests this week. He's suuuper nervous.

Jaxon passed his sight-word test with flying colors.

Savvy is still talking about being a "school grill"

I'm still not ready to face that idea...

My sister's family is moving to El Paso this summer! (Us three oldest will be within 10 hours of each other! Now to get the two youngest...)

My dear Jenn is getting married in June--and I'm SO excited to be shooting the wedding.

Phill is moving forward with preparations to become a Physician's Assistant through the Army program.

We're expected to stay here in TX for five years. (We'll see; the Army is so unpredictable)

I go once a month to a writing workshop that I LOVE.

I got released as the Relief Society secretary and was called as a Webelos scout leader.

Reed is up to my chin.

Jaxon likes to play basketball with Phill.

Savvy enjoys having tea parties where she does the voice of an old British lady. (It's a riot.)

We're being blessed immeasurably with good friends here and beautiful surroundings.

9 comments:

Christine said...

Isn't it crazy how life gets so busy all of a sudden? That's awesome about Phil becoming a physicians' assistant. I miss you! We need to chat soon.

Rae said...

Yes, Chris, and yes!! :)

Shayanne Snodgress said...

I love to hear that great things are happening in your life as well as bitter-sweet. Those kids need to slow down- I won't recognize them the next time I see them if they don't. I love you and miss you!!!

Lynnae Jackson said...

NoNoNo! You can't steal Qait! I like having her here in Utah. :)

Just kidding. I love you. Glad you're doing great! And I totally thought about you when I saw Abby's post about moving to El Paso. I was like, "Rae will LOVE that!"

Hm. Maybe I should move to Texas, too. Sounds like that's the place to be.

Sarah said...

I can't believe I never commented... WEBELOS!! Good luck. Love all the updates. :)

Lara Neves said...

Like like like. Except that you're not within 10 hours of me. :)

I'm so happy things are going well, and I think Phill will be an amazing PA!

Qait said...

I don't really know what a PA does, but...COOL! :D (I know, you'd think it's pretty self-explanatory...he assists the physician, right? But I still don't know what kind of assisting).

Texas seems to be pulling everyone in, doesn't it! :D Lynnae's family is there, so she might as well move there, and then Maddie and I will get around to it eventually, right? :D Hahaha! (Isaac probably loves Oregon too much to be interested in Texas. Sigh)

Ah, what a dream...living closeby.

Qait said...

oh PS: your kids--I LOVE YOUR KIDS!

Qait said...

psst... Rae? I really miss your blogging.