Saturday, September 29, 2007

5 Things

Cute 5 Things that Christine did on her blog, then tagged me to do:

5 THINGS I WAS DOING TEN YEARS AGO
1) Snorting almost every time I laughed
2) Wearing glasses & braces (Perhaps that's why we get along so well, Chris. We suffered together.)
3) Playing the cello every day, starting with a new teacher who had a coat made of dog fur (she wanted to preserve the memory of her dog...I'm not kidding.)
4) Sleeping over at the Thadens' house and thanking heaven that they loved candy & junk food as much as I do
5) Living in Heidelberg, Germany

5 THINGS ON TODAY'S TO-DO LIST
1) Go to church (done)
2) Complete this post (doing)
3) Eat cookies (Yep. I planned specifically to do that. Done.)
4) Clean house
5) Do more pictures

5 SNACKS I ENJOY
1) Bread with peanut butter
2) Baby carrots
3) Apple juice (Chris, I LOVE Capri Suns....for whatever reason, we always had very normal "boring" juice boxes in our lunches. So I, too, love Capri Suns and have them often to make up for feeling deprived.)
4) Fritos
5) Chocolate chip cookies

5 SONGS I KNOW THE LYRICS TO
1) Wonder Pets theme song
2) Amazing Grace
3) ALMOST Hey There Delilah
4) If You Could Hie to Kolob (It's my favorite hymn--sounds amazing on cello)
5) Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star (Yes. These five were the best I could come up with. I'm actually horrible at deciphering--and remembering--lyrics of many of the songs I love.)

5 THINGS I WOULD DO IF I WERE A MILLIONAIRE
1) Pay tithing :) and then put 60% of what was left into a high-interest savings account
2) Make savings accounts for the kids
3) Buy a house
4) Go on vacation with the family; visit family everywhere
5) Buy some new clothes and perhaps two or three amazing cameras, then let Phill have at it. :)

5 BAD HABITS

1) I sleep too much and don't wake up kindly or gently(I wake up like a bear, too, Christine. There's actually a name for that....where you wake up psycho and hating the world for at least the first twenty minutes....ah! Sleep inertia! That's what it's called.)
2) I criticize myself too much
3) I bite my nails if I'm bored
4) I throw my clothes on the floor if my room's already dirty, and I leave clean loads of laundry around so long that they eventually can't be identified from the dirty laundry.
5) I yell way more than I should.

5 THINGS I WILL NEVER WEAR AGAIN
1) My black D.A.R.E. tee shirt that I wore for about 50% of sixth grade
2) Plastic shower curtain rings for earrings (Hey. I was 5.)
3) Extremely wide-legged jeans (Christine, I'm beginning to think we influenced each other horribly with our bad fashion ideas....)
4) Polyester shirts with bright flowers on them (Some pseudo-hippie phase in seventh grade.)
5) Plastic glasses frames with bits of confetti inside them. (Yes. I'm blushing furiously right now, because I actually wore them. Some time I'll find the picture. And burn it.)

5 FAVORITE TOYS
1) My sock monkey sewn for me by my brother Reed, given to me for Christmas when I was 3 or 4. I named her Frogbone. She is currently residing in Japan, after a failed relationship with one of the other stuffed animals made her desperate to leave Utah.
2) A bear I've had since age 3 or 4. His name's Jason, and he used to be in love with Frogbone. (See #1)
3) I always loved Christine's trampoline. And any other trampoline. I was one of those kids who would gladly pretend I liked someone if I could just use their trampoline. (I promise, Chris, that I loved you right from the start. I didn't use you for your trampoline.)
4) My camera
5) My books

Abby and Marie, if you're reading this, tag! Your turn!

2 comments:

Christine said...

Love it! I remember that flowered polyester shirt! I remember thinking you had such cute outfits and I wanted to borrow all your clothes...oh wait I did. I also should've put down the horrible huge classes...bleck. I totally remember your creepy cello teacher! Remember when she took us to that symphony? Creepy lady....

camilla said...

snorting everytime you laugh. yeah, that was SO 10 years ago, and not yesterday.